Best Tactical Gloves for Men [2020 Review]
Any man worthy of his courage uses his hands as well as his head, and therefore understands the value of protecting both.
Tactical-style gloves are not only for workers and combat specialists, but they also allow the modern man to pursue the rigors of life in comfort and, thanks to some timely updates, style.
Leathered, lined or suitedly insulated for the harshest climates, tactical gloves come in a variety of designs and target a range of needs. Best of all, you do not have to sacrifice your taste for practicability. A well-designed pair of military gloves not only protect your hands from the unforgiving elements but complement your ensemble with sophisticated masculine reinforcement.
Cyclists, athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and public commuters can all benefit from a pair of expertly crafted tactical gloves. With more tactical gloves that provide more warmth, support, and control, the wearer can better control his surroundings. Equipped or fully padded, the military glove can be individually tailored to him.
Menswear experts have long considered gloves an indispensable accessory and not just a feature of past eras. By investing in a pair of high-quality tactical gloves, you not only invest in your well-being, but also in a time-honored style component. Go ahead and explore the top 15 best tactical gloves for men down below!
1 Mechanix Wear – The Original Covert Tactical Gloves
Mechanix The Original is the ideal companion in daily use. Whether in patrol duty, at the KSK or in shooting sports, the Mechanix offers support without restrictions. Using a Leatherman Wave multitool, working with tools, fighting knives or disassembling a weapon is easily possible thanks to the high degree of freedom of movement and dexterity. The single-ply, seamless palm gives a unique touch, making it much easier to search for people and bags.
- High dexterity, best sense of touch
- Optimal fit, high wearing comfort, the deep-seated waistband is infinitely adjustable. He ensures the best possible and individual adaptation. The trigger finger was designed so that the targeted bending is possible without hindrance. Double seams and a reinforced thumb provide abrasion resistance in an area that is more strained by the recoil of the weapon. Whether abseiling from a helicopter, from a house wall or firing with the weapon this glove provides the necessary support at all times. Passform and comfort: single-layer, seamless palm
- Elastic, breathable back of the hand
- Infinitely adjustable Velcro fastener
- Thermoplastic Rubber on the wrist for shock absorption
- Temperature regulating fabric inserts
- Reinforced thumb for greater abrasion resistance A neckline at the wrist and a large nylon pull-loop at the waistband allow easy and quick donning of the gloves.
Created in a matter of seconds, the Mechanix Original offers protection and supreme dexterity in one.
It can be safely attached to equipment and clothing with the Gear Carabiner.
2 Vbiger Tactical Gloves
Vbiger has used a shock and wear-resistant material in these tactical gloves to best protect your hands and ensure a long life. Both thermoplastic rubber ankle shields and finger guards prevent knocks for all-round protection.
These protective gloves also offer a touch screen function and you can use them to operate a mobile phone or tablet.
- Breathable & Comfortable – made of microfibre leather and mesh fabric, it adds extra skin-friendly and breathable properties that make the glove extremely comfortable to wear
- Equipped with a PVC sleeve and thermoplastic rubber cover, it has a high impact-resistant performance to protect your hands and ankles from accidental injury
- The non-slip and durable palm provides better grip; Also, with shock-resistant foam, effectively relieves fatigue and tiredness of your hands
- Velcro, with which you can adapt it well to your wrist, avoids discomfort by feeling too strong
- Ideal for outdoor sports such as cycling, climbing, and hiking, also suitable for tactical use
3 Normani Security Real Leather Gloves with Quartz Sand
Normani Operator Security Leather Gloves with Protectors and Cut Protection Kevlar Grip. These Kevlar gloves have been developed especially for the needs of special units in cooperation with professionals. Due to the high-quality combination of Kevlar and leather, they offer maximum functionality and quality.
The palm is made of non-slip, ergonomically cut suede to provide the necessary level of security, while the protectors on the back of the hand absorb hard shocks.
The gloves are equipped with a Velcro closure, which ensures a secure grip on the wrist:
- Slim design
- High-quality materials
- Padded protectors on the back of the hand
- Suede palm
- Cut protection Kevlar inserts
- Outer material: 100% cowhide
- Palms: 100% suede
- Cut-resistant inserts: Kevlar
4 Mechanix Wear – M-Pact Covert Tactical Gloves
The Mechanix Wear M-Pact glove from the Tactical Line is an anatomically shaped all-round glove with padded palm rest. Tactical insert glove with incomparable tact. Designed and manufactured to handle the toughest tasks and missions. The palm is made of Clarino synthetic leather and extends the life of the glove guaranteed, index finger and thumb have a pure polyester cap with a polyurethane coating for a fine and secure grip. The inserts of Lycra between the fingers guarantee breathability, comfort, and freedom of movement. Perfect fit due to elastic glove closure with Velcro fastener without Hakenflausch, thereby snagging is no longer possible. Specifications: machine washable up to 30 ° C. En 388/03:2121, En 420/03. Material: Palm: imitation leather 60% nylon 40% polyurethane and 82% nylon 18% polyurethane, back of hand: 100% spandex with thermoplastic rubber, lining: 100% polyester. Weight approx. 120 g.
- High Impact PORON XRD Palm Armortex padding absorbs shock & vibration
- Form-fitting TrekDry material in true MultiCam Camo pattern keeps hands cool, dry & comfortable
- Dipped TPR knuckle & finger impact protection. Adjustable TPR wrist closure for a secure fit
- Index Finger for Smooth Trigger Guard Entry Guard Impact & Mobility. Rubberized grip on thumb and forefinger for improved control & abrasion resistance
- A nylon cord loop for comfortable glove storage. Machine washable. Certifications: EN 388 / EN 420
5 TacFirst insert glove SEK 1 cut-resistant
The insert glove SEK 1 is a glove, as the name suggests, which is used by special forces. This includes not only the SEK the police but also the MEK (mobile deployment command), the BKA and the GSG 9 and the Federal Border Police. Also, many units of the Bundeswehr use this tactical glove.
The advantage of this tactical glove is in addition to the high-quality and very well-finished outer material made of 100% leather and the protection by the protectors on the back of the hand and the fingers, which dampen a blow to the hand.
The inner material is 100% Spectra. This material offers higher cut protection than conventional aramid fibers. The shooting finger is of course not provided with protectors, so you, if you need to use your service weapon, no obstruction by the protectors. The outstanding properties of the Level 5 substance have already been tested in the well-known TV program “World of Miracles TV”. Here a special machine with a razor-sharp blade proved the resistance of the fabric
- Lining: 40% Spectra, 40% Dyneema, 20% fiberglass. Very high tensile strength and longevity.
- Level 5 cut-resistant, according to EN 388.
- Outer material: Genuine cow leather, comfortable to wear, protects the fingers from wind, cold and light wet. Sewn-on protectors which absorb shocks
- Grifffeste palm of roughened leather.
- Very wide applicability: Suitable for security services, police, military, airsoft, paintball, motorcyclists and other demanding users.
What should you look for when buying tactical gloves?
Not every situation or assignment is the same. You could be in a hot and humid climate or winter. You may also find yourself rock climbing, moving through thickets and thorns, or digging with a shovel. You may be in close combat or a self-defense situation. The one thing that all these situations have in common is that your hands are one of your most important tools. Protecting them is closely related to protecting you, and that’s why tactical gloves are a good idea.
If you want to buy good tactical gloves in the market, you should consider some important points in your search. The decisive factors in the selection of the deployment gloves are very individual.
You should weigh the importance of each feature proportionally to your specific needs. Priority should be paid to comfort and protection. Do the gloves help protect you from cuts, abrasions, and fire? Do they offer mobility, durability, and value?
Determine your budget
Tactical gloves are available in many quality levels. Of course, you want to make sure that you do not spend more than you have to, but you should spend enough to get a pair that is durable and meets your needs. Also, take a look at the reviews and recessions for the gloves that interest you. There you will often find much information about how the gloves sit and work. Also, some companies offer free returns or exchanges if the gloves do not fit or are not what you expected.
Sometimes, though, it’s better to spend a little more to make sure you get a quality product. If you buy a pair of gloves that are a few euros cheaper, but not so well made, you will most likely have to replace them much sooner. This can easily make you break your initial budget. However, there are many good, long-lasting tactical gloves for a reasonable price, our top 5 use gloves fall in our opinion.
Identify your needs for your tactical gloves
You should also think about the purpose or application you want to use most of your tactical gloves. These considerations will help you decide which pair is best for you. Do you want gloves that you mainly use for outdoor hobbies? In that case, you might want to take a closer look at those that are more flexible.
If you want them for a little extra warmth and a better grip when you’re hunting, you can think about gloves that have a muted or camouflage color. If you need to use a smartphone or tablet, make sure your gloves are compatible with the touch screen. You can also think about the weather you will wear your tactical gloves most of the time. If you plan to use them mainly in hot weather, there are heat-wicking and moisture-wicking types of tactical gloves and half-finger gloves. If you are going to use them mainly in winter, you should look at a model with some insulation. No matter what wishes and needs you to have, make sure that all are considered before you decide.
Be sure to buy the right size
Tactical gloves are somewhat adjustable, but if they are too tight or too loose they will not work as they should. Many companies have a size chart so you can be sure that you make the right choice.
To measure your hand, place the end of a tape measure around the center of the palm of your dominant hand. Wrap it around and you will recognize your glove size. If you are not sure yet, you can order 2 different sizes and return the pair that does not fit. Before you do that, make sure that the company offers free returns.
Check the construction of the insert gloves
As you spend time and money finding the right pair of surgical gloves, make sure they last long. When shopping online, look closely at the photos and compare them with other brands. Often customers even upload their photos. It’s also a good idea to read the reviews of the models you are considering.
If there are many reports that e.g. sewing on, that’s probably a fairly common problem. Some companies offer warranties for their products, but usually only for a few months. However, this protects against factory errors. However, if the gloves fall apart a few months after the warranty expires, you probably will not get your money back. That is why it is important to do your best to ensure that those who buy the best tactical gloves.
Care of tactical gloves
Tactical gloves are made from a variety of materials, so the care requirements can be very different. You must know how to cleanse and care for your new couple. The last thing you want to do is to damage your gloves by cleaning them incorrectly. Some gloves are machine washable, but most need air drying to maintain their shape.
Unless otherwise stated in the care instructions for your new gloves, never use bleach or other harsh chemicals for cleaning. Specific care instructions are included, and companies typically have this information available on their websites as well. However, cleaning is usually pretty easy, so it’s nothing to worry about once you know how to do it.
Whether you’re a cop, military, or just an ordinary outdoor enthusiast or paintballer, there’s a perfect pair of tactical gloves that are right for what you need them for. Some of the gloves available on the market are for professional use, while others are more suitable for recreational use.
With the Top 5 featured above, you should find a great pair of tactical gloves. Just make sure you think about your needs, your budget, your glove size, the quality of the gloves and their care requirements before you buy them. This will help you to narrow down your choice. Then you will have no problem finding the right gloves for yourself.